Monday, September 14, 2009

Getting geared...

G'day all!!

All & all going good, getting geared into getting a place of our own...while I search away the native have let me know that I am in toooo much of a hurry. That is looking now for a house to rent in November....I need to start a maximum of a month before that.... only have a month to find, view it and make a decision....a little short isn't it!!!

I have my bank account set-up and running, have applied for my driver's license and tax number...should get all the cards in the post soon.

Have been driving in & around Auckland, what a dream it is..no taxi's, no traffic, no hooligans, just a shame that you are only allowed the max speed of 100 on the highway...

Weather is also been great, had a rainy days on the week-end, but it all cleared up on Sunday and great sunny days again!!

Kevin & I will be getting our own laptop soon(end Oct) and then we should be able to upload some photos for all....so hang in there, the photos are coming soon!!

Kevin, Sandy, Michael & me went to a pub called Foxies on the Queens Wharf in Auckland city harbour. Great place, great food and had a great time there watching the rugby....go bokke!!! Was a wee bit nervous at one stage as we were only about 6 or 7 south africans in the whole big place...was planning escape routes...ha ha ha...

Went to a "Home show" on Sunday, drove around to see where the cats will be in quarantine and rounded the week-end of with an episode of "wipe out". People running a obstacle course for money, but the course is design for them to fall and trip...what a laugh....

Now off to do some more searching and hold thumbs that we find something nice...
Till next time, greetings to all....

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment